Thursday, December 29, 2011

Decorating inside

We never have a Christmas tree. In years past, we didn't have enough room for one. We also don't believe in cutting down trees for seasonal decoration. So I put up an artificial garland and hang ornaments on it.
This keeps the ornaments out of reach of the cats.  It looks almost snowy outside but it is just rain.          





I love these bird ornaments - they echoe the view just outside the window beyond where a birdfeeder hangs.


I add a little bling with a metallic garland and glittery clip-on birds.  I tried LED lights this year to conserve on electricity but I hate their blue color. It clashes with my yellow-orange sconces on the wall above. Next year I will try to find amber lights.


Here is my mantle. Last year I covered it with magnolia tips, but the summer really did a number on the magnolia trees so there wasn't much to cut. Instead I put up some gold angels and draped them with gold material I have had for years. I thought it needed a spot of color, so added the poinsettia and ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment